Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Body's A Year Older Than I Actually Am!

My Body Age Assessment After A Long Period of Slack!

Last Tuesday, I headed down to the Jackie Chan Fitness - California Fitness at Novena Square for my Body Age Assessment. I'm actually in this Blogger's challenge to lower my Body Age over 16 weeks. 

With prior measurement on a friend's bio-impedence machine, and scoring a 31, I figured I stood a very good chance.

However, the Body Age analysis showed that I'm 26! Just a year older than I actually am. I'm kinda happy, but also slightly agitated, as this would mean I would have to lower my body age more than a few years to win.

The reason why, is they actually derive the Body Age from a series of tests. Sure, they did a In-Body Bio Impedence test first, but that's just a reference point. Then, on a Polar Machine (The same folks who were famed for pulse rate monitors):

Test 1: Blood Pressure and Pulse
Test 2: VO2 Max 
Test 3: Strength Test - I needed to pull up hard against these handles. From this point on, there were 3 tries per test.
Test 4: SitUps - Gotta do as many crunches in a minute. Unfortunately a had some Hare syndrome. With a personal best of 81 times in a minute back in Polytechnic days during Napfa test, I was already at a count of 29 with close to 40 seconds to spare. But my unconditioned muscles just couldn't handle the lactic acid, and I did only another 11 in that remaining time! Clearly I've been taking my fitness forgranted for too long!
Test 5: Squat against the wall for as long as you can! I managed 3 minutes. Heard it was already above average. I reckon I can manage more as soon as my left thigh gets stronger. The leg injured by errant bastard driver last year was trembling and threatening to give out on me! LOL!
Test 6: I can't remember what the score was, but I was told it was also an above average distance. Averagely, most guys are rather inflexible at the waist. I'm sure whatever I achieved was with some help from the FusionExcel Quantum Pendant I was wearing. 
Obviously I did my share of other exercises after the evaluation, but here's some pics from the warmdown stretch!

Not exactly the right picture order, but lazy to cut and paste. Here's me doing Calve Raises.
All in a day's work!
Here's a preview of my new Facebook profile pic! My Facebook Profile BTW is athttp://profile.to/JulianW


No comments: